Dog friendly Canterbury | Dog friendly Canterbury | Visit Canterbury

Dog friendly Canterbury

If you plan to bring your dog on holiday to the Canterbury district it is essential that you confirm with your accommodation provider's policy on acceptable pets before you leave. Consider where you will take your pet and what you will do with them whilst you are visiting attractions and restaurants which don't accept pets.

Never leave your pet unattended in a vehicle when it is warm or hot outside.

Dogs on beaches

98% of our coast is dog friendly and the remaining 2% only has a seasonal ban.

Between 1st May and 30th September dogs are not allowed on two sections of beach. These Control Orders coincides with the Coastal Award areas.

Dog Control Orders also apply to sections of the promenade in the same areas, whereby dogs must be kept on leads. All access points into both locations will clearly display signage often sprayed onto the promenade itself, relating to these Dog Control Orders. You must clear up after your dog in all areas at all times. Failure to do so could result in a fine.

DOWNLOAD THE DOGS ON BEACHES INFORMATION LEAFLET - dog-friendly-beaches-herne-bay-and-whitstable.pdf