Joining Visit Canterbury
Benefits of being a member
Benefits of being a Visit Canterbury member
- Featured listings on the Visit Canterbury website and member listing promotion on social media and marketing campaign
- For Herne Bay businesses this will include promotion via our Hello Herne Bay channels
- Low booking commission of 10% for accommodation booked through the Visit Canterbury website (not currently applicable)
- Prioritised racking at our Visitor Information Centres in Canterbury and Whitstable (and soon to be Herne Bay)
- Inclusion in Visit Canterbury seasonal, visitor and sector social media campaigns
- Involvement in consultations to improve services and develop inbound tourism strategy
- Support to develop experiences and bookable products to boost business
- Use of digital media assets to help promote events, campaigns and news
- Regular networking events and familiarisation visit opportunities
Now is a good time to be involved
- Our website was visited more than 400,000 times and 1.6 million pages were viewed by audiences from all over including the UK, USA, France, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands.
- Canterbury and members were mentioned in 156 articles and reached more than 12 million readers - an equivalent of almost £700,000 in advertising cost.
- 20,000 copies of the 2018/19 holiday guide were printed and distributed within the UK, and globally on request.
- Our social media channels engaged with more than 830,000 residents and visitors - and numbers continue to grow!
- Independent research recently revealed visitor numbers were up by 7.5% in 2017. We welcomed 7.8 million visitors to the area, who contributed £491 million to the local economy.
We hold events and networking opportunities, promote the area at domestic and international trade shows and work with closely with partners on implementing the Destination Management Plan and much more.