With big cinemas closing all across the UK, independent cinemas will need customers loyalty as high streets reopen. The Kavanagh at Herne Bay is a jewel for the seaside town. Manager Robert Johnson has been busy behind closed doors and is looking forward to getting the screens up and running from May 17th. Will you pledge to revisit?
Tell us a little bit about the cinema
- Herne Bay's Kavanagh Cinema is a two-screen community Cinema offering the top films at affordable prices (£5). There are 125 seats in screen one and 85 seats in screen two. We offer:
- Dolby stereo 7.1 surround sound Disabled facilities
- Baby changing
- Dementia screenings
- Parent and baby screenings
- Relaxed/autism screenings.
- Audio description is available for most films.
- We also screen live events from Royal Opera House and National Theatre
Why did you choose Herne Bay?
10 years ago, the cinema was in-danger of closing down, so I stepped in and saved it.
What has kept you busy over lockdown?
During lockdown we have decorated the toilets, cleaned every inch of the building, maintained the projection equipment and installed a new led lighting system. It will be sparkly clean and awaiting its first visitors.
What are you looking forward to most after lockdown?
We are looking forward to welcoming back our many regular and friendly customers. We have really missed entertaining the residents and look forward to welcoming back friends old and new.
How will you keep your customers safe on their return?
With help from the British Film Institute we have received a grant towards PPE screens at the box office, hand sanitising units and ticket scanners to help make the building safe when we reopen all being well in May. Social Distancing will be also be in place.
How can customers support you right now?
Please follow us on Face Book @ Kavanagh Cinema Herne Bay or visit our website www.kavanaghcinema.com to receive details on our reopening in May.