Bringing Canterbury to you
Pay it forward with vouchers and donations
There are many local people and businesses whose livelihoods depend on tourism and are severely affected by the global and local travel restrictions.
You can help by buying vouchers and gift cards to be used later in the year or making a donation. Inspired by our friends at Visit Manchester, here are some of those with options to #PayItForward.
Updated: Monday 1 June
Tour guides and attractions
- Canterbury Cathedral - you can support the cathedral by becoming a friend or making a donation
- Canterbury Guided Tours - sign up for their newsletter and be one of the first to hear when their tours will be back!
- Canterbury Museums and Galleries - offers a range of different memberships, starting at £20.
- Huckleberry Woods Micro Animal Farm - gift vouchers for a variety of animal experiences.
- Whitstable Maritime - need sponsorship or donations help them showcase Whitstable’s connections with the sea, create a Maritime Discovery Centre and Coastal Trail, restore the 'Gamecock' a local historic sailing vessel and establish an annual programme of events.
- The Kent Pass - save money at family attractions, restaurants and cinemas across Kent. The pass is valid for a year and can be used time and time again offering exceptional value for anyone living in or visiting Kent.
- Cuzron Cinema - buying a membership is a great way to show your support for our cinemas during this unprecendented period. You will get a login for Curzon Home Cinema and instant savings of film rentals, and free films with our members-only collection, Curzon12.
- Whitstable Community Museum and Gallery - encouraging people to become a member and help to conserve Whitstable area’s rich heritage.
- Howlett's Wild Animal Park and Port Lympne Safari Park, Wild Animal Reserve & Hotel - are appealing to anyone who has enjoyed a magical day at their parks or who just loves animals to support them by donating or purchasing an item from our Amazon wish list - it costs £1.5m a year just to feed the animals.
- Wildwood Trust animal park - you can buy animal experiences and tour vouchers, adopt an animal, become a member for the year or simply donate as much as you're able to give. It costs more than £11,000 per week to keep the animals fed, healthy, happy and provided with the enrichment they need.
- Marlowe Theatre - help support the work of The Marlowe in a number of different ways, becoming a member, buying gift vouchers, name a seat, or make a donation.
Hotels and restaurants
- Howfield Manor - selling vouchers for afternoon teas and Sunday lunch. Follow on Facebook for offers.
- Ambrette Restaurant - vouchers for home dining and afternoon teas deliveries
- Broom Park Hotel and Golf Resort - selling vouchers for afternoon teas and tickets for their Christmas Party and New Year's Eve nights.
- The Dog at Wingham - vouchers for a meal for two at £49 and a B&B stay for £49
- The Falstaff Hotel and Cocktail Bar - vouchers for cream teas, afternoon teas, gift vouchers from £5 to spend in the bar or on hotel for overnight stays.
Shopping, cafes and coffee shops
The city of Canterbury and the coastal towns of Herne Bay and Whitstable are crammed with interesting independent shops and traders. While you can't visit in person, some of your favourites offer gift vouchers which can be purchased online and used at a later date.