Wildwood | Things to do
Welcome to Wildwood, where you can come nose-to-nose with British Wildlife past and present.
Wildwood near Canterbury is a great day out for all ages where you can see amazing British wildlife from past and present. Set in 40 acres of ancient woodland, Wildwood holds a stunning collection of over 200 British animals in natural enclosures.
See bears, wolves, otters, foxes, deer, badgers, owls, wild horses, lynx, beavers, wild cats, bison, squirrels, wild boar, reindeer and many more as you walk around the twisting trails through an ancient British woodland.
- What you need to know
- Woodland: Enjoy walking through over 40 acres of ancient semi-natural woodland.
- Play area: Separate play area for under 5’s and bigger children. Our large play area features two zipslides, pine marten towers and traditional swings and slides.
- Shop: For toys, gifts, home and garden and more!
- Woodland Café: Recharge your batteries with a range of drinks, snacks and tasty meals in our friendly café
- Picnic areas: Extensive seating areas to enjoy your packed lunch amongst the trees.
- Disabled facilities: Includes disabled parking area, accessible path-ways and ramps throughout the park, disabled toilets and free wheel-chair and mobility scooter loans available on request.
- Parking: Space for coaches and extensive car parking, all free. Please note that coach and mini-bus parking is strictly limited to off-peak visits only. We cannot accommodate large vehicles during holiday periods.
- Join as a Wildwood visitor and visit as many times as you like from only £4.00 per month.
- Opening times
We are normally open 7 days a week all year round, including public and bank holidays. The only days that we are closed are on 25th and 26th December. Our opening hours change with the seasons.
Current opening hours
10:00am to 4:00pm with last entry at 3:00pm
Please note that certain areas of the park will start closing down from last entry time.
All visitors MUST book an arrival time. Please book your arrival time slot here.
Herne Common, Herne Bay, CT6 7LQ