Bright Sky Glamping | Places to Stay
Bright Sky Glamping
Halfway between the cathedral city of Canterbury and the fashionable bit of the Kent coast, Bright Sky Glamping might just have the whole 'location, location, location' thing sewn up. Set on four acres of quiet Kent countryside — owners Tony and Kerry have fashioned a quiet, relaxing micro-site that is perfectly placed for strolls in ancient woodland, ambles through historic towns and days on pebble beaches alike, all within a 10-minute drive.
From the M2, heading for the coast, take the A299 Margate/Ramsgate road for five minutes, and then take the exit to Canterbury (the A290). Take the third exit at the second roundabout, continue on the A290 for another five minutes, and turn right on to Denstroude Lane. Bright Sky Glamping at Chapter Farm is on the right.
From the A2 (London), take the exit for Canterbury, turn right onto the A28 and follow the A28 to a roundabout. Take the first exit onto Rheims Way, then turn left onto the A2050. At the roundabout, take the third exit onto London Road and then, at the next roundabout, the first exit onto the A290 Whitstable Road. After you go through the village of Blean and past the Royal Oak pub, take the next left which is Denstroude Lane. Bright Sky Glamping at Chapter Farm is on the right. Drive carefully as the lane is narrow in parts.
Canterbury West Station is just under four miles away (for high-speed services to and from London St. Pancras). There's a 'Triangle' bus to Whitstable every 15 minutes during the day from Canterbury's central bus station, and the bus stop is half a mile from Chapter Farm.
- What you need to know
Facilities / Amenities
- The site has three five-metre bell tents and one five- by four-meter Touareg tent.
- Equipped with a double bed and two single beds, complete with all linen and bedding.
- A fire pit/barbecue, a gas stove, all the cooking equipment, and crockery you'll need.
- Picnic table with bench seating.
- Shared facilities include two separate toilet and shower rooms, two washing-up sinks with hot and cold running water, and a fridge/freezer.
- A phone charger outlet and an outdoor tap for drinking water.
- Campfires are allowed in the provided fire pit only.
Suitable for couples and families with children of any age.
Open - Last week of July–second week of September.
Bright Sky Glamping, Chapter Farm, Denstroude Lane, Canterbury, Kent CT2 9JU