Canterbury Visitor Information Centre
Canterbury Visitor Information centre covers Canterbury, Whitstable, Herne Bay and the surrounding area. Come and visit us in the Beaney House of Art and Knowledge in the High Street where we offer a comprehensive service for visitors and residents alike.
Our dedicated team provides a wealth of information, ensuring you make the most of your visit to the Canterbury district. Trained staff can assist with:
- Information about Canterbury, Whitstable and Herne Bay and the surrounding area
- Tickets for top attractions
- Guided tours of the city - including walking and river tours
- A large range of maps, brochures and guides.
In addition there are three dedicated touchscreen information points in Whitstable and Herne Bay:
- Herne Bay District Office, William Street, Herne Bay, CT6 5NX
- Whitstable Harbour, Whitstable, CT5 1AB
- The Horsebridge Arts and Community Centre, 11 Horsebridge Road, Whitstable, CT5 1AF
The Whitstable Shop at 34 Harbour Street (run by the Whitstable Improvement Trust) provides tourist information for Kent as well as knowledge of local issues and projects.
For information about accessibilty at the Canterbury Visitor Centre please see - Accessibility
The visitor centre is open 7 days a week all year except Christmas Day and Boxing Day and New Years Day. Please note there are early closing times on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.
Monday to Wednesday 9am to 5pm
Thursday 9am to 7pm
Friday and Saturday 9am to 5pm
Sunday 10am to 5pm
Please use the information below to contact the Canterbury Visitor Centre either by post, telephone or email.
Address: The Beaney House of Art & Knowledge, 18 High Street, Canterbury, CT1 2RA
Telephone: 01227 862 162
Email: Canterbury Visitor Centre