Visitor Information Centres
Canterbury Visitor Information Centre
The Beaney House of Art & Knowledge
18 The High Street
Tel: 01227 862162
Canterbury Visitor Information Centre covers Canterbury, Whitstable, Herne Bay and the surrounding area. Come and visit us in the Beaney House of Art and Knowledge in the Canterbury High Street where we offer a comprehensive service for visitors and residents alike.
Our dedicated team provides a wealth of information, ensuring you make the most of your visit to the Canterbury district. Trained staff can assist with:
- Information about Canterbury, Whitstable and Herne Bay and the surrounding area
- Tickets for top attractions
- Guided tours of the city - including walking and river tours
- A large range of maps, brochures and guides.
In addition there are three dedicated touchscreen information points in Whitstable and Herne Bay:
- Herne Bay District Office, William Street, Herne Bay, CT6 5NX
- Whitstable Harbour, Whitstable, CT5 1AB
- The Horsebridge Arts and Community Centre, 11 Horsebridge Road, Whitstable, CT5 1AF
For information about accessibility at the Canterbury Visitor Centre please see - Accessibility
The visitor centre is open 7 days a week all year except Christmas Day and Boxing Day and New Years Day. Please note there are early closing times on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.
Monday to Wednesday 9am to 5pm
Thursday 9am to 7pm
Friday and Saturday 9am to 5pm
Sunday 10am to 5pm
The Whitstable Shop & Visitor Information Centre
34, Harbour Street
Tel: 01227 770060
The Whitstable Visitor Information service is run by the Whitstable Improvement Trust from their shop in Harbour Street. They provide information on all things Whitstable and beyond and offer a wide range of leaflets, books, cards, postcards, souvenirs and gifts.
Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm
Saturday 10am to 5pm (4pm January/February/March)
Sunday 11am to 5pm (4pm January/February/March)