search

Dogs in Canterbury, Whitstable and Herne Bay


If you plan to bring your dog on holiday to the Canterbury district it is essential that you confirm your holiday accommodation provider's policy on acceptable pets before you leave. Consider where you will take your pet and what you will do with them whilst you are visiting attractions and restaurants which don't accept pets.

Never leave your pet unattended in a vehicle when it is warm or hot outside.

Dogs on Beaches

Between 1st May and 30th September dogs are not allowed on two sections of beach. These Control Orders coincides with the Coastal Award areas.

1. Tankerton Bay (between 1st house and start of beach huts at Safety Point 14 - boundary lines marked on promenade)

2. Herne Bay Central Beach (between Lane end and the Pier)

Dog Control Orders also apply to sections of the promenade in the same areas whereby dogs must be kept on leads.

All access points into both locations will clearly display signage often sprayed onto the promenade itself relating to these Dog Control Orders.

98% of our coast is dog friendly and the remaining 2% is only a seasonal ban.

Owners must clear up after your dog in all areas at all times.

To find out the latest up to date information regarding dogs on beaches please visit www.canterbury.gov.uk/coast

Book Your Stay

What's On

<May 2015>
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1
23
45678910
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25262728293031

01 May 2014 to 31 December 2014

Armchair Artist Residency at The Beaney House of Art & KnowledgeThu 1 May - Wed 31 Dec 2014Holder and Lamoon, practicing artists, will be working together to make new works in response to the eclectic objects to be found in the galleries.

01 May 2015 to 01 May 2015

Stewart Francis: Pun Gent at The Marlowe TheatreFri 1 May 2015The star of Mock The Week, Michael McIntyre's Roadshow and Live At The Apollo.

11 May 2015 to 23 May 2015

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time at The Marlowe TheatreMon 11 - Sat 23 May 2015Winner of seven 2013 Olivier Awards, this highly-acclaimed National Theatre production comes to Canterbury.

To see more events, search here...

Coastal Guide 2014/15

Herne Bay and Whitstable Coastal Guide 2014/15

Download the latest Coastal Guide. Download

You are accepting third-party cookies. powered by NVG