search

Dogs in Canterbury, Whitstable and Herne Bay


If you plan to bring your dog on holiday to the Canterbury district it is essential that you confirm your holiday accommodation provider's policy on acceptable pets before you leave. Consider where you will take your pet and what you will do with them whilst you are visiting attractions and restaurants which don't accept pets.

Never leave your pet unattended in a vehicle when it is warm or hot outside.

Dogs on Beaches

Between 1st May and 30th September dogs are not allowed on two sections of beach. These Control Orders coincides with the Coastal Award areas.

1. Tankerton Bay (between 1st house and start of beach huts at Safety Point 14 - boundary lines marked on promenade)

2. Herne Bay Central Beach (between Lane end and the Pier)

Dog Control Orders also apply to sections of the promenade in the same areas whereby dogs must be kept on leads.

All access points into both locations will clearly display signage often sprayed onto the promenade itself relating to these Dog Control Orders.

98% of our coast is dog friendly and the remaining 2% is only a seasonal ban.

Owners must clear up after your dog in all areas at all times.

To find out the latest up to date information regarding dogs on beaches please visit www.canterbury.gov.uk/coast

Book Your Stay

 

What's On

<June 2016>
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
12345
6789101112
1314151617
1819
20212223242526
27282930

17 June 2016 to 17 June 2016

Philharmonia Orchestra at The Marlowe TheatreFri 17 Jun 2016Philharmonia At The Movies: Soundtracks From The Oscars.

06 June 2015 to 06 September 2015

Canterbury in the Age of the Magna Carta at The Beaney House of Art & KnowledgeSat 6 Jun - Sun 6 Sep 2015This exhibition, organised in partnership with Canterbury Cathedral Archives and Canterbury Christ Church University sets the ground-breaking document in the context of Canterbury's people and places. I

To see more events, search here...

Coastal Guide 2014/15

Herne Bay and Whitstable Coastal Guide 2014/15

Download the latest Coastal Guide.

Download

You are accepting third-party cookies. powered by NVG