search

Dogs in Canterbury, Whitstable and Herne Bay


If you plan to bring your dog on holiday to the Canterbury district it is essential that you confirm your holiday accommodation provider's policy on acceptable pets before you leave. Consider where you will take your pet and what you will do with them whilst you are visiting attractions and restaurants which don't accept pets.

Never leave your pet unattended in a vehicle when it is warm or hot outside.

Dogs on Beaches

Between 1st May and 30th September dogs are not allowed on two sections of beach. These Control Orders coincides with the Coastal Award areas.

1. Tankerton Bay (between 1st house and start of beach huts at Safety Point 14 - boundary lines marked on promenade)

2. Herne Bay Central Beach (between Lane end and the Pier)

Dog Control Orders also apply to sections of the promenade in the same areas whereby dogs must be kept on leads.

All access points into both locations will clearly display signage often sprayed onto the promenade itself relating to these Dog Control Orders.

98% of our coast is dog friendly and the remaining 2% is only a seasonal ban.

Owners must clear up after your dog in all areas at all times.

To find out the latest up to date information regarding dogs on beaches please visit www.canterbury.gov.uk/coast

Book Your Stay

 

What's On

<August 2015>
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31

07 August 2015 to 07 August 2015

Archives Tour and Afternoon Tea at Canterbury Cathedral LodgeFri 7 Aug 2015Enjoy a full afternoon tea in our restaurant that overlooks a beautiful courtyard garden. Afterwards, experience a fascinating behind-the-scenes tour of the Cathedral Archives and Library.

04 August 2015 to 22 August 2015

Dirty Dancing at The Marlowe TheatreTue 4 - Sat 22 Aug 2015Following its phenomenal run in 2013, the record-breaking sensation returns to Canterbury for three weeks only.

26 August 2015 to 26 August 2015

RSC Live - Othello at Gulbenkian CinemaWed 26 Aug 2015After more than a decade working in film and television on projects from Star Wars to Holby City, Hugh Quarshie returns to the RSC to play Shakespeare's Othello.

05 June 2015 to 06 September 2015

Canterbury in the Age of the Magna Carta at The Beaney House of Art & KnowledgeFri 5 Jun - Sun 6 Sep 2015To celebrate the anniversary of this momentous occasion, the Beaney House of Art and Knowledge will be opening a new exhibition 'Canterbury in the Age of the Magna Carta', which will run from 5 June to 6 September 2015.

To see more events, search here...

Coastal Guide 2014/15

Herne Bay and Whitstable Coastal Guide 2014/15

Download the latest Coastal Guide. Download

You are accepting third-party cookies. powered by NVG