search

Dogs in Canterbury, Whitstable and Herne Bay


If you plan to bring your dog on holiday to the Canterbury district it is essential that you confirm your holiday accommodation provider's policy on acceptable pets before you leave. Consider where you will take your pet and what you will do with them whilst you are visiting attractions and restaurants which don't accept pets.

Never leave your pet unattended in a vehicle when it is warm or hot outside.

Dogs on Beaches

Between 1st May and 30th September dogs are not allowed on two sections of beach. These Control Orders coincides with the Coastal Award areas.

1. Tankerton Bay (between 1st house and start of beach huts at Safety Point 14 - boundary lines marked on promenade)

2. Herne Bay Central Beach (between Lane end and the Pier)

Dog Control Orders also apply to sections of the promenade in the same areas whereby dogs must be kept on leads.

All access points into both locations will clearly display signage often sprayed onto the promenade itself relating to these Dog Control Orders.

98% of our coast is dog friendly and the remaining 2% is only a seasonal ban.

Owners must clear up after your dog in all areas at all times.

To find out the latest up to date information regarding dogs on beaches please visit www.canterbury.gov.uk/coast

Book Your Stay

 

What's On

<October 2015>
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1
2
3
4
  • Craft and Gift Fair at The Kings HallSat 3 - Sun 4 Oct 2015A selection of the finest crafts and gifts Kent has to offer, with unique items to buy plus everything you need to start making crafts yourself.
56
7
8
9
10
11
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031

29 September 2015 to 03 October 2015

Horrible Histories: Groovy Greeks at The Marlowe TheatreTue 29 Sep - Sat 3 Oct 2015A show based on the phenomenally successful Horrible Histories books.

30 September 2015 to 03 October 2015

Horrible Histories: Incredible Invaders at The Marlowe TheatreWed 30 Sep - Sat 3 Oct 2015A show based on the phenomenally successful Horrible Histories books.

03 October 2015 to 04 October 2015

Craft and Gift Fair at The Kings HallSat 3 - Sun 4 Oct 2015A selection of the finest crafts and gifts Kent has to offer, with unique items to buy plus everything you need to start making crafts yourself.

06 October 2015 to 10 October 2015

Wuthering Heights at The Marlowe TheatreTue 6 - Sat 10 Oct 2015A ballet version of the romantic masterpiece.

10 October 2015 to 10 October 2015

Canterbury postcard & Collectors Fair at Westgate HallSat 10 Oct 2015Dealers selling Postcards, Stamps, Playing Cards, Militaria, Coins, Cigarette Cards, Books, Breweriana, Ephemera, Antiques and Small Collectables etc.

18 October 2015 to 18 October 2015

Mad About The Musicals at The Marlowe TheatreSun 18 Oct 2015Starring Gareth Gates and Michael Courtney.

To see more events, search here...

Coastal Guide 2014/15

Herne Bay and Whitstable Coastal Guide 2014/15

Download the latest Coastal Guide. Download

You are accepting third-party cookies. powered by NVG