search

Dogs in Canterbury, Whitstable and Herne Bay


If you plan to bring your dog on holiday to the Canterbury district it is essential that you confirm your holiday accommodation provider's policy on acceptable pets before you leave. Consider where you will take your pet and what you will do with them whilst you are visiting attractions and restaurants which don't accept pets.

Never leave your pet unattended in a vehicle when it is warm or hot outside.

Dogs on Beaches

Between 1st May and 30th September dogs are not allowed on two sections of beach. These Control Orders coincides with the Coastal Award areas.

1. Tankerton Bay (between 1st house and start of beach huts at Safety Point 14 - boundary lines marked on promenade)

2. Herne Bay Central Beach (between Lane end and the Pier)

Dog Control Orders also apply to sections of the promenade in the same areas whereby dogs must be kept on leads.

All access points into both locations will clearly display signage often sprayed onto the promenade itself relating to these Dog Control Orders.

98% of our coast is dog friendly and the remaining 2% is only a seasonal ban.

Owners must clear up after your dog in all areas at all times.

To find out the latest up to date information regarding dogs on beaches please visit www.canterbury.gov.uk/coast

Book Your Stay

 

What's On

<December 2015>
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31

12 December 2015 to 12 December 2015

Canterbury postcard & Collectors Fair at Westgate HallSat 12 Dec 2015Dealers selling Postcards, Stamps, Playing Cards, Militaria, Coins, Cigarette Cards, Books, Breweriana, Ephemera, Antiques and Small Collectables etc.

13 December 2015 to 13 December 2015

Behold, I Bring You Good Gnus! at The Marlowe TheatreSun 13 Dec 2015The talented trio of Chris Price, Jon Williams and David Flood combine to bring our Christmas concert.

19 December 2015 to 20 December 2015

Santa's Grotto and Christmas Trail at Westgate GardensSat 19 - Sun 20 Dec 2015Get into the spirit of Christmas and meet Santa in this Grotto at Toddler's Cove. A small gist will be provided for each child adn a self-led Winter Trail around the park will also be available.

01 December 2015 to 31 December 2015

Christmas Events at Canterbury Cathedral LodgeTue 1 - Thu 31 Dec 2015The ideal location to celebrate Christmas with family, friends and colleagues! Once again we will be offering our ever-popular festive events in 2015.

31 December 2015 to 31 December 2015

New Year's Eve Gala Dinner Dance 2015 at Canterbury Cathedral LodgeThu 31 Dec 2015We cannot think of a more spectacular back drop to seeing in the New Year. Enjoy champagne and canapés on arrival, a 5-course dinnerm DJ and live music, followed by champagne and a Scottish piper at midnight.

27 November 2015 to 10 January 2016

Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs at The Marlowe TheatreFri 27 Nov 2015 - Sun 10 Jan 2016The greatest pantomime of them all.

To see more events, search here...

Coastal Guide 2014/15

Herne Bay and Whitstable Coastal Guide 2014/15

Download the latest Coastal Guide.

Download

You are accepting third-party cookies. powered by NVG