- See & Do
- Dining Out
- Canterbury District
- Plan My Visit
Hire a canoe, take a river tour or gain a canoe award; suitable for families, beginners and groups in Canterbury, Medway and Hythe. Come and experience the magnificent scenery and a tranquil river, watch wildlife, take great pictures, or just relax and take it all in!
Explore Kent's rivers with Canoe Wild. Hire a Canadian style open canoe and experience stunning scenery, get close to wildlife and feel the benefits of canoeing as a gentle outdoor activity. Take a leisurely meander down the Great Stour River just outside Canterbury from picturesque Fordwich to Grove Ferry, an ideal destination to complete your day out.
* We can provide canoe and paddles, buoyancy aids, dry bags, route maps and FREE pickup service.
* Canoes seat up to 4 people (including 2 small ones) and ideal for 2 adults with plenty of room for your picnic.
* Hire a canoe - we provide all you need for your canoe trip for an hour paddle to a full day paddle, including a FREE shuttle service for a one-way easy canoe downstream.
* Guided trips - learn about the river, wildlife, history and how to paddle to get the most out of your trip.
* Learn to canoe - gain a British Canoe Union star award in canoeing, giving you the confidence to safely paddle in faster flowing waters wherever you go.
* Go it alone - got your and gear already we can help you plan your trip and provide you the information you need to enjoy your time on the water.
Canoe Hire by the hour £15.00
Half Day Canoe Hire £45.00
Full Day Canoe Hire £70.00
See website for details on group hire, tours, courses and corporate days.
* Advance booking recommended, easy online booking and payment.
* All hirers, tours and training only available when river conditions enable safe paddling.
* Terms and conditions of hire available on the website.
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Notes||Season Dates: March to the end of September.
Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday 9am to 6pm, including Bank Holidays, (early morning and evening paddles also available).
Grove Ferry, Upstreet, Canterbury, Kent, CT3 4BP
Map reference: TR 180597 Lat: 51.29538 Long: 1.12610
Parking : with charge
Accessible by Public Transport : 1 mile (1.6 kms) from Sturry station