- See & Do
- What's On
- Dining Out
- Canterbury District
- Plan My Visit
|Tue 6 - Fri 9 Sep||Canterbury ArtsCon|
|Sat 15 Oct - Sat 5 Nov||Canterbury Festival|
|Sat 15 Oct||Do New Buildings Live Happily in Canterbury?|
|Sat 15 - Sun 16 Oct||East Kent Artists' Open House|
|Sat 15 Oct||Opening Day Celebrations|
|Sat 15 Oct||The Canterbury Rings Walk 1: The Stour Valley|
2016 Theme: Art for Change
The 2016 Canterbury ArtsCon will take place from 6 to 9 September, 2016 at venues such as the Beaney House of Art and Knowledge, Canterbury Baptist Church and Warnborough College.
Like previous conferences, this year’s theme is another conundrum. “Change” is typically seen as making something different, developing it, and/or moving it from one place or state to another. But “change” can also refer to loose coins — the few pennies we have left over — or to money in general.
Therefore, the topic for CArtsCon 2016 will fuse these concepts into a lively debate:
- Can art drive change (or movement or development)?
- Can art change moods and minds?
- Can and how is art created for very little money?
- Is art created with a substantial “piece of change” (a lot of money) also worthwhile?
- And…how do we create powerful arts movements with or without significant funds? How does money factor into the overall process?
|Tue 6 - Fri 9 Sep 2016|