- See & Do
- Dining Out
- Canterbury District
- Plan My Visit
We cannot think of a more spectacular back drop to seeing in the New Year than from our Kentish Barn, which overlooks Canterbury Cathedral. Enjoy champagne and canapés on arrival, a 5 course gala dinner, DJ and live music, followed by champagne and a Scottish piper at midnight.
If you would like to stay the night with us and enjoy a late brunch on New Year's Day, bedrooms are available.
Please note that this event is strictly black tie. We start drinks at 7pm and carriages are at 1am.
|Wed 31 Dec 2014|
£99.95 per adult
£330 per double or twin room for double occupancy*
£220 per double room for single occupancy*
*Prices includes gala dinner.
Please note Cathedral entry is not included. If you would like to visit the Cathedral before or after an event, an additional fee will be payable.
TR 151578 51.27872 1.08281
Canterbury West and Canterbury East train stations are both 0.5 miles away (10 min walk). Journey time from London by train is approximately just under one hour.
If you are using Satellite Navigation, you should enter the address ‘Burgate, Canterbury’ rather than using our postcode.
- From London: From M2 and M20 motorways, follow signs to A2 or Canterbury. Arriving in Canterbury, turn right onto the ring road at Rheims Way roundabout. Keep the city walls on
your left. After the 3rd (St George’s) roundabout, turn left into Burgate
- From Dover/Folkestone: Follow signs to Canterbury. You will arrive at the St George’s roundabout. Turn right onto the ring road and then left into Burgate.
- From Ashford: Follow signs to Canterbury (A28). At Wincheap roundabout, turn right. Follow ring road. Turn left into Burgate. There is a Park and Ride site as you enter the city from this direction.
Cathedral entrance gates:
• 7am – 6pm turn RIGHT into Postern Gate, just after Pub.
• 6pm – 7am continue straight down Burgate, turning right into Christ Church Gate just after
• After 9pm – ring bell on left hand side of Christ Church Gate to gain entrance.
: 1 mile from Canterbury East/West station