- See & Do
- Dining Out
- Canterbury District
- Plan My Visit
The minimum stay for a short break is 3 nights
Lazy Days Cott
(Cottage sleeps up to 6)
Availability updated on 11 Dec 13 at 16:04
Lazy Days Self Catering Cottage a fantastic period property and ideally placed for exploring both the heart of Kent and coastal areas.
Preston is set in a tranquil backwater of east Kent, Lazy Days Cottage is an idyllic, peaceful holiday location in this truly picturesque setting surrounded by farmlands and orchards. Perfect for long walks in the countryside and also close to the historic city of Canterbury where many an hour can be spent exploring all that this medieval city has to offer including the cathedral, museums, quirky independent shops, cinemas and theatres.
Lazy Days Cottage can accommodate 6 people, and it is a surprise when going in how big it is. There is a secluded garden surrounded by trees, a country feel.
Furnished to a high standard Lazy Days Cottage makes a delightful self-catering holiday cottage. The property has a beautiful secluded cottage garden complete with BBQ and garden furniture to relax and enjoy that well deserved glass of local wine. Unfortunately we do not allow dogs or other pets. There is a drying unit in the garden.
With all modern comforts, private garden and with open working fireplace, Lazy Days Cottage has everything you could want for the perfect holiday cottage or short break, winter or summer.
Bedroom 1 with double bed en-suite shower room. Bedroom 2 with double/twin beds. Bedroom 3 with double bed.
Family bathroom with bath/shower over. Ensuite shower room to bedroom1.
Fully equipped L shpaed kitchen/breakfast room with range cooker, washing machine, dishwasher, fridge/freezer and microwave.
Open working log fire, flat screen television, DVD, double and driple sofa.
Linen is included and bath & hand towels (beach towels not supplied). Cleaning once a week.
hob/stove, oven, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, iron/ironing board, TV, central heating, barbecue.
For further details see
There are three double bedrooms (one with en-suite). The cottage is fully equipped with everything you will need for your stay. There is also a secluded garden which is an all day suntrap. There is table and seating for alfresco dining. The large kitchen/dining room is perfect for family meals. Children welcome from any age.
see location on Google maps. Map reference: TR 247606 Lat: 51.30015 Long: 1.22199
From London to CT3 1DS:
1. Take the M20 and then exit onto the A249 towards Canterbury
2. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the M2 to Canterbury
3. At junction 7, take the A2/A299 exit to Canterbury
4. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Boughton Bypass/A2
5. Take exit for the A28 towards Canterbury/Harbledown
6. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Rheims Way/A290
7. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the A28
8. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto St George's Place/A257
9. Turn left onto Lower Chantry Lane/A257
10. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Longport/A257
11. Continue through Littlebourne to Wingham, turn left into High St/A257
12. At the end of Wingham High St turn left onto Preston Hill
13. Continue straight ahead towards Preston. Before the high street, take a left turn into The Forstal.
14. Park Lane will be found at the end of The Forstal on the left and Lazy Days Cottage is the second cottage on the left.
From Dover to CT3 1DS:
1. Head southwest on Dock Exit Rd
2. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Jubilee Way/A2
3. Take the A256 exit to Ramsgate/Sandwich
4. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto A256
5. Stay on the A256, taking the 1st exit at the 4th roundabout
6. At the next roundabout, take the 1st exit onto the A257 to Wingham
7. Continue 4 miles. After Wingham Bird Park, turn right onto Preston Hill
8. Continue straight ahead towards Preston. Before the high street, take a left turn into The Forstal.
9. Park Lane will be found at the end of The Forstal on the left and Lazy Days Cottage is the second cottage on the left.
Parking and Key Collection: Parking spots are available in Forstal Road. The keys are in the Key Safe Box on the wall at the entrance to the cottage. Key code: Please ring either Celia or Roy: Roy - 07834 279625. Celia - 07738 515843.