- See & Do
- What's On
- Dining Out
- Canterbury District
- Plan My Visit
Open to all and free to visit, one of the UK's finest collections of Masonic artefacts will take you on a surprising and informative interactive journey through the history of Freemasonry in Kent and beyond, dispelling myths along the way.
Castle Street, Canterbury, CT1 2PR, Tel: 01227 862162, Email
The ruins of the Canterbury Norman Castle keep and castle walls and one of the three original royal castles in Kent. There are interpretation panels, a tactile model of the castle (circa 1200AD) and elevated viewing areas.
Wildwood Wild Animal Park is a year-round experience for all the family in 40 acres of ancient woodland with over 50 species of British wildlife. Enjoy special events, talks and feeds around the park, adventure playzone and restaurant.
Considered to be one of the best gardens in the South East. 14 acres including woodland area and walled garden. Fine trees, large collection of roses and herbaceous plants. Connections with Jane Austen who frequently visited.
Adjacent to 6 Stour Street, Canterbury, CT1 2NR, Tel: 01227 471688, www.eastbridgehospital.org.uk
Greyfriars Chapel is the only building now remaining of the first English Franciscan Friary built in 1267, forty three years after the first Friars settled in Canterbury, during the lifetime of St Francis of Assisi.
King Street, Fordwich, Canterbury, CT2 0DB, Tel: 01227 711950, www.fordwichtown.org/
Although it is believed that there was an earlier building on the site, the present Guildhall, or Town Hall as it is known today, was built in 1544 during the reign of King Henry VIII.
Mill Lane, Herne Bay, CT6 7DR, Tel: 01227 687487, www.herne-mill.btik.com
Herne Mill is a Kentish Smock Mill dating from 1789. It is Grade 1 listed, is owned by Kent County Council and cared for by the volunteers of the Friends of Herne Mill.
North Holmes Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1PW, Tel: 01227 768072, www.martinpaul.org
St Martin's Church is the oldest in England still in use as a parish church and is part of the Canterbury World Heritage Site. This church was the first base of St Augustine when he came to Canterbury in 597.