Working with us
Develop your skills and experience in the cultural sector with a Canterbury Museums & Galleries internship.
- To input content for The Beaney and Canterbury Museums and Galleries websites, ensuring consistency of brand application.
- To assist with the population and distribution of regular Canterbury Museums and Galleries e-newsletters.
- To assist with the maintenance of the Data Management System.
- To assist online engagement through Social Media, building a community of support for Canterbury Museums and Galleries.
- To support the delivery of excellent visitor service for The Visitor Information Centre.
- To contribute to Canterbury Museums and Galleries blog.
- To update and build the image library to ensure the provision and distribution of requisite stock photography.
- Collect, research, collate and analyse information from a variety of sources to resolve customer enquiries and provide information to the service as required.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse range of people using the most appropriate method to meet customer needs.
- To carry out other duties commensurate with the grade and skills of the post holder as may be directed
Preferred Attributes & Experience
- Basic knowledge of CMS based systems, specifically, Wordpress.
- Basic knowledge of Google analytics
- Well-developed ICT skills, particularly in the use of MS Office applications
- Good written communication skills
- Desire to learn new technologies & participate in learning experience
- Experience of working in a marketing environment
- Experience of using publishing and design programmes, e.g. Photoshop
- Experience of managing social media accounts and associated campaigns
Three GCSEs level C or above, two to be Maths & English
Canterbury Heritage Museum, 18A Stour Street, Canterbury
The post holder will receive
- The opportunity to work with the Canterbury Museums & Galleries Marketing Team, including the opportunity to shadow the Head of Marketing & Visitor Experience
- Up to £200 towards travel expenses
Interested? Then email your C.V. with a letter telling us why you’re suitable for the position, along with availability (in no more than 500 words) to email@example.com
Please put “Marketing Intern” in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you!