Children's party themes
Looking for something different this year for your child's birthday?
The Beaney Museum and Canterbury Heritage Museum now offers a wide range of fun and educational party themes for you to choose from. The price is £15 per head or minimum £150 including party games, party bags, an interactive museum session and a locally sourced lunch.
The maximum number of children is 20 and the duration of a party session is two hours.
Beaney Museum themes
Farmyard Friends - Age 2+
Old McDonald had a farm ei, I, ei, I oh... Join us for a farmyard themed party inspired by the paintings on display in our Garden Room.
- Listen to animal stories
- Make your own farmyard friend
- Play farmyard games
- Sing some farmyard songs
Artist For A Day - Age 5+
Come dressed as your favourite character and jump into a world of fabulous art! Be inspired by the many paintings and portraits on display in our People and Places gallery and have a go at creating your very own works of art.
- Investigate amazing paintings
- Make your own portrait or scene
- Play the Silly Statues game
Awesome Explorers! Age 5+
Become a famous explorer for the day! Explore the museum and its collections and hunt for treasure!
- Learn about famous explorers and what they did
- Investigate artefacts
- Go on a treasure hunt around the museum and its galleries
- Train as an explorer
- Make your own treasure map to take home
Beaney and Hertiage Museum themes
Choose whether you would like these parties at either the Heritage Museum or the Beaney.
Curse of the Pharaoh - Age 5+
Travel back in time for a fun party involving murder, mummification, and a chance to investigate artefacts.
- Re-enact the murder of a Pharaoh
- Mummify the birthday girl or boy
- Wrap a mummy against the clock
- Investigate artefacts from Ancient Egypt
Pillaging Pirates - Age 5+
Ahoy me hearties! Join the pirate gang on an action packed adventure in search of treasure!
- Learn to be a pirate
- Play fun pirate themed games, including Walk the Plank!
- Identity real maritime artefacts from the museum collection
Canterbury Heritage Museum Themes
Bagpuss and Friends - Age 2+
He was just a saggy old cloth cat - but Emily loved him!
- Meet Bagpuss, Britain's favourite cat and take part in a magical birthday adventure
- See the real Bagpuss and friends
- Take part in an interactive story
- Join in songs and games
- Make a Bagpuss mouse to take home!
World War Two Air Raid Warden Training - Age 7+Come on you 'orrible lot! Travel back to Canterbury 1942. Are you tough enough to survive Air Raid Warden training and help save the city and its people?
- Complete basic Air Raid Warden training
- Investigate and identify mystery wartime artefacts
- Play WW2 games
- Survive dive bomber attacks!
Ivor the Engine - Age 2+Climb aboard to discover the enchanting world of Ivor the Engine and the story of the world's first steam passenger railway between Canterbury and Whitstable.
- Enjoy a fun Ivor the Engine story
- Investigate Invicta - one of the world's first steam locomotives
- Dress up as engine drivers, wave flags and blow whistles
- Make a pull along train to take home
Rupert Bear's Birthday - Age 2+Enjoy a Rupert themed party with your friends!
- Bring a special teddy to enjoy a fun picnic, games and activities with Rupert and friends
- Make a party hat for you and your teddy
- Take part in an exciting treasure hunt
- Enjoy Rupert and teddy bear stories, games and rhymes
Creepy crawly! - Age 2+Investigate the amazing world of minibeasts - from the fearsome tarantula to the humble honey bee.
- See and handle specimens from museum collections
- Examine live minibeasts
- Enjoy minibeast songs and stories
- Create your own colourful bug or dragonfly to take home