- See & Do
- What's On
- Dining Out
- Canterbury District
- Plan My Visit
Within a wonderful location in the inspirational grounds of Canterbury Cathedral, sits a unique Hotel and Conference Venue. In addition to an impressive 250 seat auditorium with in-built audio visual facilities, Canterbury Cathedral Lodge also houses modern function rooms for anything for 8 to 250 delegates. No matter if you are looking for a venue for a meeting, conference, private party or wedding reception, the Cathedral Lodge is the ideal venue.
Delegates have the option to stay overnight in our superb guest accommodation, with each room benefiting from an amazing Cathedral view! All from just 60 minutes by train from London.
24 HOUR CONFERENCE RATE (Minimum 10 delegates)
Single Occupancy: £155 per person
Double/Twin Occupancy: £120 per person
DAY DELEGATE RATE (Minimum 10 delegates)
8 Hour Day Delegate Rate – £49 per person (please call for dates with reduced day delegate rates).
ROOM HIRE CHARGES
For more information on prices for individual rooms, please contact us.
Smaller groups can be catered for with a package tailor-made to suit your requirements.
All prices are inclusive of VAT and subject to change without prior notification.
|The Campanile Garden and Common Room||50||22||18||24||24||32||64|
|Chapter House and Cloisters||300||250||225|
If you are looking for a truly exceptional venue, then the historic and magnificent 14th century Chapter House and Cloisters, immediately next to the Cathedral, provide a truly awe-inspiring setting lending distinction to grand banquets and receptions. With the express permission from the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury, guests can enjoy a memorable drinks reception in the unique atmosphere of the Cloisters, followed by private dining in the Chapter House. The beautiful medieval stained glass, lofty oak roof and Prior’s noble seat still stand as a tribute to the monks who assembled here some seven hundred years ago.
Room dimensions: 9m wide x 25m long x 30m high
|The Kentish Barn||160||40||70||60||80||100||130|
|Dean John Simpson Room||95||24||40||56||48||60||77|
TR 151578 51.27872 1.08281
Canterbury West and Canterbury East train stations are both 0.5 miles away (10 min walk). Journey time from London by train is approximately just under one hour.
If you are using Satellite Navigation, you should enter the address ‘Burgate, Canterbury’ rather than using our postcode.
- From London: From M2 and M20 motorways, follow signs to A2 or Canterbury. Arriving in Canterbury, turn right onto the ring road at Rheims Way roundabout. Keep the city walls on
your left. After the 3rd (St George’s) roundabout, turn left into Burgate
- From Dover/Folkestone: Follow signs to Canterbury. You will arrive at the St George’s roundabout. Turn right onto the ring road and then left into Burgate.
- From Ashford: Follow signs to Canterbury (A28). At Wincheap roundabout, turn right. Follow ring road. Turn left into Burgate. There is a Park and Ride site as you enter the city from this direction.
Cathedral entrance gates:
• 7am – 6pm turn RIGHT into Postern Gate, just after Pub.
• 6pm – 7am continue straight down Burgate, turning right into Christ Church Gate just after
• After 9pm – ring bell on left hand side of Christ Church Gate to gain entrance.
: 1 mile from Canterbury East/West station