- See & Do
- Dining Out
- Canterbury District
- Plan My Visit
Situated in a wonderful and unique location within the inspirational grounds of Canterbury Cathedral, the Cathedral Lodge offers brides a very special and truly unique wedding reception venue. In line with the true ethos of the Cathedral, wedding guests will be assured a very warm welcome.
The Lodge can cater for anything from a small intimate wedding breakfast in the Refectory Restaurant, to a sit down meal for up to 120 guests in the splendid Clagett Auditorium. You may choose to enjoy a drinks reception in the Kentish Barn, which enjoys wonderful views of the Cathedral from its large bay windows or alternatively the Campanile Garden is available for Summer drinks receptions and of course those very important photos.
Wedding guests can also enjoy well-appointed overnight guest accommodation with all bedrooms enjoying wonderful views of the Cathedral.
TR 151578 51.27872 1.08281
Canterbury West and Canterbury East train stations are both 0.5 miles away (10 min walk). Journey time from London by train is approximately just under one hour.
If you are using Satellite Navigation, you should enter the address ‘Burgate, Canterbury’ rather than using our postcode.
- From London: From M2 and M20 motorways, follow signs to A2 or Canterbury. Arriving in Canterbury, turn right onto the ring road at Rheims Way roundabout. Keep the city walls on
your left. After the 3rd (St George’s) roundabout, turn left into Burgate
- From Dover/Folkestone: Follow signs to Canterbury. You will arrive at the St George’s roundabout. Turn right onto the ring road and then left into Burgate.
- From Ashford: Follow signs to Canterbury (A28). At Wincheap roundabout, turn right. Follow ring road. Turn left into Burgate. There is a Park and Ride site as you enter the city from this direction.
Cathedral entrance gates:
• 7am – 6pm turn RIGHT into Postern Gate, just after Pub.
• 6pm – 7am continue straight down Burgate, turning right into Christ Church Gate just after
• After 9pm – ring bell on left hand side of Christ Church Gate to gain entrance.
: 1 mile from Canterbury East/West station