King Street, Fordwich, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 0DB, Tel: 01227 711950, www.fordwichtown.org
Although it is believed that there was an earlier building on the site, the present Guildhall, or Town Hall as it is known today, was built in 1544 during the reign of King Henry VIII.
Dating back to the 1790's, Whitstable Castle and Gardens has been home to local merchants and dignitaries remaining a landmark attraction throughout its history. It is a 'must see' for everyone visiting the town of Whitstable.
Daily or weekly hire of bicycles, tandems, tag-alongs and child-trailers – for recreational cyclists, families, tourists and student groups, exploring the town and gentle coastline of Whitstable – or taking a trip to Canterbury.
The Canterbury Roman Museum is underground at the level of the Roman town. It's an exciting mix of excavated real objects: authentic reconstructions; and preserved remains of a Roman town house with its famous mosaics.
Brompton Dock is an innovative cycle hire scheme that uses folding bicycles. These bikes are available for both long and short-term hire and can be hired 24/7/365. They can be taken on public transport, even during peak times.
Open to all and free to visit, one of the UK's finest collections of Masonic artefacts will take you on a surprising and informative interactive journey through the history of Freemasonry in Kent and beyond, dispelling myths along the way.
North Holmes Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 1PW, Tel: 01227 453469, www.martinpaul.org
St Martin's Church is the oldest in England still in use as a parish church and is part of the Canterbury World Heritage Site. This church was the first base of St Augustine when he came to Canterbury in 597.
Daily or weekly hire of bicycles, tandems, tag-alongs and child-trailers - for recreational cyclists, families, tourists and student groups, exploring the coastline between Whitstable and Reculver or inland towards Canterbury.
Island Wall, Whitstable, CT5 1EP, Tel: , www.favourite.org.uk
This oyster yawl, which is also known as a smack, was built in 1890 by the Whitstable Shipping company and worked until 1944. She can now be viewed between the seawall and Island Wall, about 200m east of the Neptune pub.