- See & Do
- What's On
- Dining Out
- Canterbury District
- Plan My Visit
Poetry to Music.
Roger McGough’s new show with Walter, Steve & Chris of LiTTLe MACHiNe features a fine selection of vintage, classic & surprising poems set to music – music that moves the feet for words that move the soul. The evening marries wit and wordplay with fantastic tunes performed with energy, passion and humour. It’s poetry – but not as you’ve heard or seen it before.
‘..rueful, unpredictable observation to please the sharpest wits’ (The Independent)
‘It’s my great privilege to be the warm-up act for LiTTLe MACHiNe... the most brilliant music and poetry band I've seen in decades’ (Carol Ann Duffy, Poet Laureate)
|Wed 26 Oct 2016||20:00|
Please note this event has sold out.
TR 150578 51.27900 1.08265
Canterbury West and Canterbury East train stations are both 0.5 miles away (10 min walk). Journey time from London by train is approximately just under one hour.
If you are using Satellite Navigation, you should enter the address ‘Burgate, Canterbury’ rather than using our postcode.
- From London: From M2 and M20 motorways, follow signs to A2 or Canterbury. Arriving in Canterbury, turn right onto the ring road at Rheims Way roundabout. Keep the city walls on
your left. After the 3rd (St George’s) roundabout, turn left into Burgate
- From Dover/Folkestone: Follow signs to Canterbury. You will arrive at the St George’s roundabout. Turn right onto the ring road and then left into Burgate.
- From Ashford: Follow signs to Canterbury (A28). At Wincheap roundabout, turn right. Follow ring road. Turn left into Burgate. There is a Park and Ride site as you enter the city from this direction.
Cathedral entrance gates:
• 7am – 6pm turn RIGHT into Postern Gate, just after Pub.
• 6pm – 7am continue straight down Burgate, turning right into Christ Church Gate just after
• After 9pm – ring bell on left hand side of Christ Church Gate to gain entrance.
: 1 mile from Canterbury East/West station