- See & Do
- What's On
- Dining Out
- Canterbury District
- Plan My Visit
A whistle-stop tour through human reproduction.
1 in 50 people in the UK don’t have children the ‘normal’ way. The advent of in vitro fertilisation (IVF) in 1978 led to hundreds of thousands of births worldwide - but also a deeper understanding of the appearance, process and genetics of the ball of cells that eventually develops into the human body.
Two pioneers in the field of IVF lead an interactive whistle-stop tour of the early stages of human development, and discuss the media storms that have accompanied recent developments in reproductive technologies.
This presentation is supported by the London Women's Clinic.
|Tue 1 Nov 2016||20:00|
Tickets £10.00 (bkg fees apply*)
All ages welcome.
*Booking Fees Apply – By phone & in person: £1 per ticket booking fee. Online: 75p per ticket booking fee. The maximum fee you will be charged when booking by phone or in person is £8. Booking fees are unlimited online.
TR 150578 51.27900 1.08265
Canterbury West and Canterbury East train stations are both 0.5 miles away (10 min walk). Journey time from London by train is approximately just under one hour.
If you are using Satellite Navigation, you should enter the address ‘Burgate, Canterbury’ rather than using our postcode.
- From London: From M2 and M20 motorways, follow signs to A2 or Canterbury. Arriving in Canterbury, turn right onto the ring road at Rheims Way roundabout. Keep the city walls on
your left. After the 3rd (St George’s) roundabout, turn left into Burgate
- From Dover/Folkestone: Follow signs to Canterbury. You will arrive at the St George’s roundabout. Turn right onto the ring road and then left into Burgate.
- From Ashford: Follow signs to Canterbury (A28). At Wincheap roundabout, turn right. Follow ring road. Turn left into Burgate. There is a Park and Ride site as you enter the city from this direction.
Cathedral entrance gates:
• 7am – 6pm turn RIGHT into Postern Gate, just after Pub.
• 6pm – 7am continue straight down Burgate, turning right into Christ Church Gate just after
• After 9pm – ring bell on left hand side of Christ Church Gate to gain entrance.
: 1 mile from Canterbury East/West station