- See & Do
- What's On
- Dining Out
- Canterbury District
- Plan My Visit
Heather Newton, Head of Conservation, will give a fascinating overview of current projects and a rare opportunity to experience a behind-the-scenes tour of the Stonemasons' workshop.
Appropriate footwear and warm clothes are advised and this tour is only for the fit and able, with a good head for heights.
|Fri 12 May 2017|
|Fri 28 Jul 2017|
£22.95 per person (includes a donation to the Friends of Canterbury Cathedral).
TR 150578 51.27900 1.08265
Canterbury West and Canterbury East train stations are both 0.5 miles away (10 min walk). Journey time from London by train is approximately just under one hour.
If you are using Satellite Navigation, you should enter the address ‘Burgate, Canterbury’ rather than using our postcode.
- From London: From M2 and M20 motorways, follow signs to A2 or Canterbury. Arriving in Canterbury, turn right onto the ring road at Rheims Way roundabout. Keep the city walls on
your left. After the 3rd (St George’s) roundabout, turn left into Burgate
- From Dover/Folkestone: Follow signs to Canterbury. You will arrive at the St George’s roundabout. Turn right onto the ring road and then left into Burgate.
- From Ashford: Follow signs to Canterbury (A28). At Wincheap roundabout, turn right. Follow ring road. Turn left into Burgate. There is a Park and Ride site as you enter the city from this direction.
Cathedral entrance gates:
• 7am – 6pm turn RIGHT into Postern Gate, just after Pub.
• 6pm – 7am continue straight down Burgate, turning right into Christ Church Gate just after
• After 9pm – ring bell on left hand side of Christ Church Gate to gain entrance.
: 1 mile from Canterbury East/West station