Herne Bay Museum and Gallery
8 William Street,
Also at this Venue
Displays include local paintings, prints and photos, mammoth tucks and fossils from local beaches, coastal wildlife and a Barnes Wallis Bouncing Bomb prototype from World War Two.
Among display themes are seaside holidays and attractions, the town's piers, clock tower and the development of the resort. Fun hands-on activities and a family trail.
The art gallery has a programme of regularly changing temporary exhibitions featuring touring shows, local history displays and work by local artists. Events include creative workshops and special activities for schools and groups.
Party size - Group rates apply to 10 or more.
Wednesday 24th and 31st December the museum will close at 4pm. Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day. Circumstances may cause changes in opening times - please ring to check before making a special trip.
Student Rate £1.00
Canterbury Student Rate £0.50
Interpreter led session (materials not included)
1 hour - £3.00 per pupil
2 hour - £4.00 per pupil
3 hour - £5.00 per pupil
4 hour - £6.00 per pupil
In school outreach sessions - £350.00 whole day, £200 half day + petrol @ 60p per mile.
Adult Group Rate Prices
Adult Rate £1.80
Adult Education Group Rate £1.50
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Disabled access
- Facilities for educational visits
- Gift shop
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Disabled access
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Smoking not allowed
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls